"The Worst" "The Worst"

Grotesque and beautiful. Truly a unique work of art, that you've obviously poured a lot of hear and soul into. I hated and loved every second. Great job.

Batman Stop Motion Batman Stop Motion

I'm all for stop-motion. But this one wasn't very smooth at all. The art wasn't very good either, and felt lazy. Batman's horns, for instance, were rounded. It looks like you cut corners a lot here, in order to save time.

The audio was pretty good, if a little quiet. I also like the way that the sound effects were written. It made it feel more like the original comics.

CopsOnFireWithErections CopsOnFireWithErections

I don't know what the hell I just watched... But it was beautiful and I love it.

Madness: Will It Slice? Madness: Will It Slice?

Make the laser WORK. Sometimes, I fire, and nothing happens. Other times, I decapitate a zombie, and it still hits me. The zombies and I move at the same speed, and my laser can only slice through one at a time. These things combined make it not at all fun to play. I do like the music though.

The Lance! The Lance!

Repetitive.

It started out great, but as I progressed, I found myself getting really bored. I wasn't having fun. I was just mindlessly clicking to get a few medals. I also really didn't like that I was forced to continue purchasing new equipment to keep leveling up. I found that unfair, as it made saving up for the best horse a very time consuming task. One that I couldn't devote myself to.

The graphics and sound and concept were all solid. It just didn't deliver on the "fun" aspect, which is what games are all about.

Cute Critter Carnage Cute Critter Carnage

Hit Detection Ruined It.

Even with a mouse, this would have been tricky. But using a trackpad, it's impossible. I quit after two tries, because I couldn't pass that first level. The graphics and concept are nice enough, and the music works, although it could get annoying after a few minutes. But the hit detection makes it so frustrating, I just can't play. Make the hit box cover the entire animal, and your score would improve a TON.

ForNoReason responds:

Try again. Thanks for the good review.

Vixen of Doom (leak) Vixen of Doom (leak)

Very interesting track. It reminds me almost of Them Crooked Vultures. The goal was met. I'm hearing metal and blues seamlessly fused together, and the result is refreshingly unique.

That said, instruments aren't mixed very well. It sounds like everything was recorded live, but with no editing of any kind. Sections like the one at 1:40 sound awkward, and could definitely use some work in the editing room. The solo at around the five minute mark also fell flat for me. I also didn't really like the vocal work. It sounded like yelling, and the lyrics weren't very easy to understand. I suspect that may have a little to do with lack of editing, but I'm not sure. It's been a LONG time since I recorded anything.

FUNKbrs responds:

As you noticed, we're still in the process of mixing this. Sadly the things you're pointing out are all Robbie's domain; the strong part of almost every other band is our weak part: vocals and guitar.

It seems you just don't like the doom breaks as a whole. >:(. I don't know if I can fix that or not...

Dragonborn Dragonborn

Fucking SICK. I love it. You transition really smoothly into the different parts

Prime Time Signature Prime Time Signature

I thought it was well done, and I can see that you have talent. At some points, you did play a little too fast. It's important to remember that playing quickly is hard, but HEARING quickly is harder. When you play that speed, everything sounds really jumbled together and it just feels like noise, instead of music.

Your timing seems a little inconsistent as well, but I can't say for sure. You played with a really quick tempo in some places, and then slowed everything down like crazy, for no real reason. If you aren't already, definitely play to a metronome.

I also feel like this was done randomly, on a whim. I can't devise any feel or strategy behind this solo, which is disappointing. One suggestion I was given on guitar was to find another musician's solo on YouTube, and try to construct something around it. It will force you to do everything for a reason.

Overall, I do like this song, and I see a lot of potential for greatness in it. But it's too jumbled and unstructured to do anything REALLY special for me at the moment.

SansNumbers responds:

I didn't actually play this, I haven't been playing piano for very long. I must have forgotten to mention that.

But, as for actually composing this song, I do realize that the tempo changes can be a bit jarring. On the sheet music that I wrote this song on, it has a complete change of everything every 16 measures (you can read those changes in the description if you haven't already), which now I know isn't really a good thing to do because it does tend to confuse the listener.

I did compose this based on an idea I had, "what if I did a song where the time signature changes every few measures," but there was no real planning beyond that, which is probably why this song did end up being as schizophrenia-y as it was.

Thanks for the constructive criticism.

The Inkbot The Inkbot

Interesting

It certainly is a unique idea that you have here. It looks a little one-dimensional though. I would advise more attention to colour and shading, to add depth to this character. And the green fluid doesn't quite look natural to me. Fluid is tricky to pull off, but a good way to approach it is with fractals. They don't have to be precise, but they work well.

Unfortunately, I'm not that great of an artist, so there's not much in the way of advice that I can give you. However, I recommend starting an art thread in the art forum here, if you haven't already. Lots of great criticism comes from doing just that.

MEANDNOONEELSE responds:

Ok! Thanx 4 the advice =) I know that it´s hard to give good advice. I too have a hard time telling people good things to improve. But moste of the time it´s just nice having someone looking at your art. And i will try to implement those things you told me =)

NG VaultBoy: Level 1 NG VaultBoy: Level 1

I like it.

I really like these character things you do. I'll probably add a new one to my user image every time I level up. Keep going man!